The Panchayat Elections in J&k will kick start from 15th Feb 2018. The announcement was made by the CM Mehbooba Mufti which has set the poll process in motion. The Panchayat Elections in J&K took almost 2 years to see the light of the day. The Panchayats in J&K were dissolved in the year 2016 after the completion of 5 years since 2011.
The exercise of delimiting the Panch wards has been completed and the final notice was issued today for the proposed Reserved Seats for the post of Sarpanch. The population detail of Paddar in respect of the upcoming Panchayat elections in J&K is provided to you by the infographics given below. The data provided is according to 2011 census.
What is the total Number of Panchayats in Jammu and Kashmir?
There are a total of 4198 Panchayats in J&K out of which Jammu has 1964 Halqa Panchayats and Kashmir has a share of totaling 2234 Halqa Panchayats.
- There are 13 Panchayats in Paddar.
- The total population of Paddar is 22,048 souls.
- The most populous Panchayat in Paddar is Ligri with 2,436 souls.
- The least populous Panchayat is Tun with 959 souls.
The Sarpanch Constituencies have been reserved under the Provisions of Panchayati Raj Act 1989 and Rules 1996 amended upto year 2017. The reserved constituencies will follow the roster pattern of 1, 4, 7, 10, 13 and so on during this Panchayat Elections. As also, the 33% reserved Panch constituencies for Women will also adopt the same roster Pattern.
- The highest Population of Scheduled Tribe (ST) category in Paddar is from Machail Panchayat with 1049 souls.
- Panchayats like Affani, Atholi, Ishtiyari, Kundal ,Ligri, Massu, Palaali and Tiyari have no ST population.
- The Highest population of Scheduled Cast Category (SC) in Paddar is from Kundal with 300 Souls and the lowest is from Village Tun in Gandhari with 41 souls.
Reserved Constituencies for Women in Paddar
There are 4 Panchayat constituencies in Paddar reserved for women namely Affani, Ishtiyari, Ligri and Palaali.
Open Constituencies and Scheduled Tribe Category in Paddar
Panchayat Atholi, Gulabgarh, Jar, Kundal, Massu, Sohal, Tun and Tiyari are Open Category Constituencies whereas Machail Panchayat is reserved for ST Category.
Give your valuable feedback in the comments section below and do share the post.