A strong protest was lodged by the ReT teachers yesterday from across the state in which ReT teachers from Sub Division Paddar under the banner of “All J&K ReT Teachers Forum Paddar” gathered at Exhibition ground Jammu to march further towards the Secretariat. The march was led by Mr. Hukam Chand Rathore (ReT Teachers Zonal President Paddar) which was however stopped right at Press Club of Jammu which led to the sloganeering against the PDP-BJP coalition government. The angry teachers were finally assured of their meeting with the Chief Minister Mr. Mufti Mohd. Sayeed by the ADC Rifat Kohli within a couple of days.
The main demands of the protesting teachers were that:
1. No screening test be conducted for the already employed ReT teachers.
2. Salaries of the teachers under Sarva Shiksha Abiyaan (SSA) be immediately released which are pending since 6 months.
3. New transfer policy be implemented with immediate effect.
4. Ban on teaching students through tuition centers be lifted.
5. ReT teachers who have completed 5 years service be regularised.
Other teachers who supported the rally were Mr. Kuldeep Chauhan, Rakesh, Narveer, Raj Kumar, Jai Krishan, Madan Lal, Kishori Lal, Rishi Kumar, Manohar Lal etc.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.