Considering 2017-2018 a new beginning, it has turned out as a great hope that 5 roads have been sanctioned under PMGSY in Paddar
Paddar being a mountainous and a very remote area has been lacking the road infrastructure projects since independence. Due to non connectivity by road the pace of development in Paddar has remained slow or it would be appropriate to call it non existent.
Several projects have been sanctioned over the years under Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojna (PMGSY) and were also tendered out in 2016 but all these projects could not see the light of the day and no work was seen at the ground level except for TattaPani Road which commenced last year. Due to the reasons best known to the authorities, Paddar remained immobile.
Here is the complete detail of roads sanctioned under PMGSY in Paddar
Shiwas to Ongayee
- Road Length 20 Kms
- Total Cost of the Project – 2023.67 Lakhs
Shashoo to Sazar
- Road Length – 7.5 Kms
- Total Cost of the Project – 753.45 Lakhs
Palali to Machail
- Road Length – 13.5 Kms
- Total Cost of the Project – 903.9 Lakhs
Shiwas to Gandhari
- Road Length – 16 Kms
- Total Cost of the Project – 1134 Lakhs
Afani to Jar
- Road Length – 4.5 Kms
- Total Cost of the Project – 469.04 Lakhs
We also managed to stumble upon very interesting figures of per kilometer construction cost of roads in Paddar under PMGSY over the years from 2005-2018. Have a look at the image below
- As it is evident from the figures, we can see the escalation of cost for Gulabgarh – Ligri Road from 14.23 Lakhs/Km to 45.17 Lakhs/Km over 7 years.
- Shiwas – Ongayee is the most expensive road as per the cost per kilometer construction which stands at 65.06 lakhs, closely followed by Sohal – Chito at 63.41 Lakhs/Km and Shashoo – Sazar at 62.25 Lakhs/km.
- Sohal to Kaban is the longest road in Paddar under PMGSY work at 21 Kms , followed by Shiwas to Ongayee at 20 Kms.
I am very hopeful that the road projects in Paddar kick start on time and most importantly are completed in a time bound manner. Roads are the backbone of all over development of an area. I believe that construction of roads will bring a colossal change in bringing the social benefit schemes of the government rapidly to the ground level of every citizen and reshape the economy of Paddar.
Additionally, it will open up access to the medical care, employment, education and tourism. Our picturesque landscapes, otherwise hidden and we use the word VIRGIN to describe Paddar will be accessible to the world and we can develop as a major tourist destination in the world.
Share your thoughts with us by commenting below and share the article with friends using social media buttons below.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.